- Bartenders operate in a customer and public facing environment,
- They have to maintain a brand- to be “on”- all the time.
- Bartenders deal with customers in a variety of mental states.
- They have to be mindful of numerous regulations and informal rules.
- In addition, bartenders have to manage stock, drive sales, and maximize profits while monitoring for theft and fraud.
Get your head right and get after it!
GET YOUR HEAD RIGHT AND GET AFTER IT!
Whether you are tackling challenges in sport, your business, or life in general, I am happy to mentor and/or coach you through it.
My life is a series of failures, lessons learned and recoveries. When I talk about getting beat down and getting back up, or screwing myself over and recovering, I am speaking from hard experience.
Education is painful, but if you listen to the lessons others have learned, you can make it a little easier on yourself!
• “If you're about to do something, and everyone pulls out their camera to record it, you may want to reconsider what you're about to do.”
• “I had been running for more than 5 hours when I slipped face first into the mud. I was only halfway done…”
• “Whether it is learned the easy way or the hard way, the truth remains that your safety is yours. It is not the responsibility of the police, the government, industry, the apartment building manager, or the security company.” (Gavin de Becker)
• “Humans are not weak. We are vicious apex, land predators, remarkably strong for our size, one of the top distance runners, and amplified by simple tools, we conquered the world.”
Technologist, Anthropologist, Ultra Runner & Terrible Guitarist
Host of "Education is Painful" the podcast!
Cohost of the Noonish Live podcast
CEO of Toro Strategic Ltd
Founder of Virturena LLC
Technical Advisor at The In Group International
Engagement Director at Hidden Mountain Data
Student Mentor at UT Dallas
Committee Chair at Tech Titans
- If you have a choice between safe and awesome- choose awesome! (Me)
- Hard work looks like magic to those unwilling to do it. (David Wong)
- It doesn’t matter if it’s magic or not, anything you do has power and consequences and affects other people. (Unknown)
- If you work on the wrong things, your productivity is 0% of what it might have been. (Rick Spero)
- "Do it anyway!" - Robin Zondag
- “All of our actions, even the smallest ones, make a difference,” she said. “Most of us never find out what that difference is. All choices have consequences, however insignificant they seem at the time." Gordon Bonnet
- "You are fallible. You must take certain precautions because of this." -Roger Williams
- "People don't respond well to being told that they're idiots, even if they are." -Ken Myers